Homework: Updated everyday (But we ARE all human!) Make sure to check your child's agenda to make sure!
3/21/18 - Make sure to finish at least 3 sections of your graphic organizer on the topic "Is social media more positive or negative?" We all need to stay on task so we all can edit and finish on time! It's okay if you change your view from today! Stay warm, and help your family shovel!
3/16/18 - Remember, Term 3 SSR Reading Journal Entries are due BY Monday! Please turn them in before homeroom. Many students didn't complete their last journal entry and cannot afford 2 zeros :-(
make sure to finish at least half of your seminar questions before class tomorrow!
1. Incomplete Benchmarks must be completed during SSR or After School by Wednesday @ 3PM. That will give students over 105 extra minutes to finish it after two classes already given. I will be correcting whatever is written after that point.
2. Zane and the Hurricane reaction journal entry is due no later than next Friday, 3/9 so make sure to work on it.
3/1/18 - Make sure to finish up Zane and the Hurricane if you haven't already today. Remember, you can download the rest of the book HERE.
2/14/18 - Chapters 22 to the end of the novel is right HERE!
2/13/18 - Finish Zane and the Hurricane Chapter 21 guide if you're not finished or out sick. CLICK HERE for the Google Doc.
2/12/18 - 1. Make sure you've finished your sign post activity from today. CLICK HERE for chapters 19 - 20.
2. Make sure study for tomorrow's vocabulary quiz!
2/9/18 - Students have be using context clues to understand unfamiliar words from our class novel, and have been leading class discussions. Tuesday we will be having a quiz on them. All students received a list of their words today in homeroom to start studying early. In case your scholar has been out due to the flu, here they are!:
2/6/18 - Finish chapters 13 - 14 and Zane and the Hurricane. CLICK HERE for the Google Docs chapters in order to complete your assignment.
2/5/18 - If you need to finish your sign post activity please CLICK HERE to download chapters 11 - 12 from Zane and the Hurricane. This will take you to Google Docs.
** Also, remember that you have until Wednesday to complete late benchmarks!**
2/2/18 - If you need to finish your sign post activity
please click here to download chapters 8 - 10 from Zane and the Hurricane. We read chapters 8 - 9 together in class! Click Here if you prefer it in Google Docs
2/1/18 - Happy February!
1. If you need to finish your sign post activity please click here to download chapters 6 and 7 from Zane and the Hurricane. We read chapter 5 together in class!
2. Many students have been out of school due to the flu going around. Some haven't completed the benchmark for January. Time was given to those students today to finish. If you have not finished by today, you MUST finish it during SSR or after school Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I don't want anyone falling behind on regular class instruction. :-)
1/24/18- Finish your annotations and questions from the poem "After the Storm". We will go over them tomorrow and then start our new novel, Zane and the Hurricane!
1/18/18 - Today students were reminded of their poetry quiz on Monday. Tomorrow (Friday) students will receive a list of terms that will be on the quiz. In case students lose their list, they can be seen here! The 15 terms and definitions are in their notes. They have been practicing them throughout the year:
- Point of View
1. If you were unable to finish your classwork today due to finishing "I-Ready", you can download the assignment if you click HERE! If you're caught up please work on #2
2. Work on your journals, Term 2 is flying by! Students have been reading their independent SSR (Silent Sustained Reading) books again for over 500 minutes throughout this term. Many students have been proactive and have turned in their reading journals early. The last day to turn in reading journals about their current SSR books in order to receive full credit is January 16th. This gives me enough time to grade last minute journals before grades close that Friday! Make sure to follow the directions which are found in the inside cover of your journals. As always, you can type them if need be and they can be pasted inside your journal. Make sure to get them checked by a peer or an adult! You can find the directions sheet and peer editing sheet under "STUDENT/PARENT RESOURCES". Happy reading!
1/3/18 - Term 2 is flying by! Students have been reading their independent SSR (Silent Sustained Reading) books again for over 500 minutes throughout this term. Many students have been proactive and have turned in their reading journals early. The last day to turn in reading journals about their current SSR books in order to receive full credit is January 16th. This gives me enough time to grade last minute journals before grades close that Friday! Make sure to follow the directions which are found in the inside cover of your journals. As always, you can type them if need be and they can be pasted inside your journal. Make sure to get them checked by a peer or an adult! You can find the directions sheet and peer editing sheet under "STUDENT/PARENT RESOURCES". Happy reading!
12/20/17 - Finish reading and answering the questions for "All My Babies Are Gone" Make sure to also turn in your "The Mighty" permission slips in order to watch the movie and complete the assignment tomorrow!
12/6/17 - Your Socratic Seminar is tomorrow! I can't wait to hear and witness everyone's interpretation on the book! Make sure your notes are totally complete prior to coming into class. Also, as a helpful strategy please look over your "Socratic Seminar Sentence Starters" to know how to talk to each other respectfully during the discussion. Remember, this is a dialogue, not a debate!
12/5/17 - Make sure to work on your Questions for the Socratic Seminar on Thursday and Friday! You'll have OVER 200 minutes to answer your 13 questions with a partner, so use your time wisely! Don't forget your extra credit and Freak the Mighty Journals are due no later than December 11th. Use your checklist to stay on track!
11/30/17-study your notes for your Freak the Mighty final test tomorrow!
11/27/17 - Make sure to study for your Freak the Mighty test for Friday! Use your notes and make sure to have them completed. They will be counted towards your November class work and homework averages. Please stay after if you need to catch up! Don't forget to use your checklist to keep you on track! Click here if you need another copy!
11/6/17 - Make sure to study for your vocabulary quiz tomorrow. A reminder of the 15 terms are:
10/27/17 - Our last quiz of the term is Monday! It's on figurative language terms (metaphor, simile, personification, and hyperbole). Make sure to study your "Handy Handouts" over the weekend. Also, I'm checking your notes from Chapters 1 - 9, make sure they are done so you don't have to make them up in extra help on Tuesday.
10/26/17 - Tomorrow is THE DAY! Last day to turn in your Term 1 Reading Journal for full credit. Make sure you have someone at home check it if you've waited until now. Make sure to turn them in before homeroom! Will the Mystery Box open for a class?! Only time will tell...
10/17/17 - Finish Chapter notes for Chapter 2 of Freak the Mighty. You can download the text HERE. Feel free to search YouTube and follow along with the audio. Click HERE for one example.
10/11/17 - Finish "Drive-In Movies" questions. You can download the story HERE!
10/3/17 - Finish your character conflict work from "The Homecoming" if not completed during class. Also, work on SSR Journals. Last day for submission is October 27th!
- Finish You're a Good Man Charlie Brown prompts on theme. These were due today, so if you want credit before I post progress report grades tomorrow, please get them in!
- Click HERE to download a copy of our folktale "Homecoming" if you didn't take a copy home.
9/29/17 - Hey scholars! Just a heads up... like we discussed today it is half way through our term. Reading Journals should be coming in. Also, if you are behind on your You're a Good Man Charlie Brown practice response, please work on it over the weekend. This is the last class work/homework grade before progress reports go out.
9/28/17 - Great job taking "iReady" today! Make sure to bring your SSR, Journal, and You're a Good Man Charlie Brown text to class tomorrow!
9/18/17 - Remember quiz retakes are Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll average the 2 grades together. Don't miss out on a great opportunity!
9/15/17 - Make sure to read or write in your reading journal for 20 minutes this weekend. Today we took our first quiz. Some students made some silly mistakes or could have studied more. If you do not like your grade, you may stay after Tuesday or Wednesday to take another quiz, and I'll average the 2 together! Take the opportunity!
9/14/17 - Final reminder about tomorrow's quiz! Use your notes to study. The following terms will definitely be on there:
9/12/17 - Quiz Friday on plot structure, character conflicts, and vocab from "Stray". I'm available Tuesday and Wednesday after school if you need extra help!
9/5/17 - Rest up for your September benchmark tomorrow! Remember, try your best. This is to let me know who might need some extra help in the beginning of the day. This test will allow us together to reflect and set goals for October. We are all here to learn and grow together!
8/31/17 - Finish "All About Me" assignment for tomorrow's presentation. Also, remember to be prepared for your book club tomorrow on your summer reading!